Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is a day that you are supposed to celebrate the love in your life. I celebrate the love I feel for my family every single day. I am so blessed with a wonderful husband, 2 beautiful and amazing little boys and every other person in my family is outstanding! It's a great life I lead.

In honor of Valentine's day, I made monkey see and monkey do heart shaped pancakes this morning. Apparently they were the wrong shape and therefore not suitable for eating. The dog loved them. I guess in addition to food preferences there are now shape preferences to contend with. Good times!

Never said they were pretty!!



During the boys nap time I made a new piece of wall art for our home- also along the Valentine's Day theme. I was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest. (shocking, I know!) and went to investigate the blog where it originated. You can see her version here: http://simplystoked.blogspot.com/2011/02/book-heart-art.html Adorable, right??

I decided to add my own little twist to the project and this is what I came up with:



I love how it turned out. Now I just have to figure out where to hang this!

Two more things before I go:

1. A great picture of Matthew holding our miracle men. Nothing says "LOVE" to me like watching my husband be the awesome father that he is. Every time he holds our boys my heart smiles.


And finally... A good friend of mine's daughter Kristen made a beautiful video about what her brother Alex means to her. Alex also has Down syndrome. Kristen is a freshman in college and she is already changing the world in amazing ways. I am honored to know her and her family. If you look closely, you'll see a few good shots of my miracle men. Be prepared though- GET THE KLEENEX ready!

No comments: