Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy November

It has been really busy here in the Wilkinson House! We are still going weekly to speech therapy appointments and it is really starting to pay off. Casey has his first official word- NO! and Connor is holding long, babbling conversations with his brother and anyone else who will chat. It's amazing.

We also had Casey evaluated for Physical therapy today. He ended up measuring at about 12-14 months which is something I was both prepared for and expecting. He will receive PT twice a month and it is our hope that with work we will have him up and walking by Christmas- what a gift that would be!

Connor will have his evaluation on Thursday but he is already scheduled for twice monthly PT sessions also.

I am so thankful for the wonderful resources available to my children in our area. We have been incredibly blessed with amazing professionals who love our sons as much as we do. There are many who are not as fortunate and this is something I am well aware of and it makes me sad.

As we are approaching the Holiday season I am inspired to look at all the blessings in my life and I want to make sure I take the time to really appreciate each of the blessings we have been given. I will be starting a new project this year, a garland to hang in our dining room. The garland will be made up of leaves that will each feature a different thing we are thankful for. I think it really helps to sometimes SEE the blessings on paper so that you can fully appreciate each of them.

I am particularly thankful to each of the people who visit my blog and read about our lives. I have a request. Will anyone who reads this blog take the time to comment or email me where you are from? I am going to start a map for the boys and mark the locations of each of our readers so that they can see where they are touching lives. I can see that we get readers from all over the world and I am really curious how our readers in Russia, the UK, Australia, Israel and Japan have found us. There are many more locations but if you could participate in this project for Casey and Connor I would be greatly appreciative.

I must be going now but hope to update again soon.

Visitors, comment or email me at meghan_wilkinson10808@yahoo.com! Thanks!!

14 comments:

Monkee said...

Perry, Ohio!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog and love your idea about the garland. The pictures of your little boys are just adorable. Marietta , Ohio

Ana Theisen said...

Tallmadge,Ohio!! <3 you guys!

Shelly Cunningham said...

Vancouver, Washington (but soon Marshall, Alaska as we are moving!)

Rebecca said...

HI! Today is the first day I am reading your blog. I read an article on your family in the Times of Trenton yesterday. I live in Florence NJ. Just wanted to say that your boys are beautiful and I look forward to following your blog. Congratulations on your upcoming 3rd miracle too. I have 3 little boys, they are 6,4, and almost 2 (my littlest was born just a few weeks after your boys).

Anonymous said...

Blogger won't allow me to sign in, and I hate ANON..but...
Checking in from the middle of Florida!! Love reading your story!

Un-fancy Mama said...

I love reading about your boys and you always have something profound and uplifting to say :)

I am in Gilroy, CA

Anonymous said...

Dracut, MA, your boys are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Newport, RI! I love reading your blog; you sound like such a great family!

Anonymous said...

Indiana. Thanks for your story, your boys are precious. I am 27 years old and just had identical twin girls with Down Syndrome on Oct. 24. It has been a complete shock and I am still trying to learn everything there is about DS. I get depressed at times, but I know I will soon come around and everything will be fine.
Your story has helped me realize that I can do this. Thanks again for your blog.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Reading from Minnesota! :)

Anonymous said...

Orange County, California usually
Poughkeepsie, NY for college

Laura said...

We are from northeast Ohio too! My Ben is a year younger than your two boys!

Ruth said...

Hi I'm Ruth from New Zealand
I found your blog tonight by googling 'twins with down syndrome'
your boys are gorgeous! I look fwd to reading further back in your blog once I have commented on this post :) all the best with your pregnancy
Ruth
Mom of 6